Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Techno-flotsam. How geeky is this?





A few weeks ago when I was paddling I saw something floating in the middle of the channel. I went over to see what it was and found this gray hoodie, size Small, with an Old Navy label. I tossed in in the front of the kayak, dried it out on the deck, then finally yesterday got around to putting it in the laundry. When I was folding it I discovered that there was a digital-device plug not only sticking out of the pocket but actually sewn into it. Upon a closer look, I discovered there were earplugs at the end of the pink tie strings. When I looked inside again, I saw a label at the neck that said HB3 Technology.

Now really curious, I googled it and found that this is an "Old Navy Techno Hoodie with HB3 Technology." It has" built-in headphones inside the hood, with a jack inside the front pocket. Soft, warm jersey fleece. Wash with like colors in gentle cycle; lay flat to dry. Machine washable headphones." It costs $17 at The Gap. There's even a YouTube video about it.

On another website with a heading "How Geeky is This?" it says "The plug works with most mp3 players and phones." It shows it on sale for $15 from an original price of $29.50.
Since it is actually a cool thing but one that I'm not going to use, I'm going to send up a writeup to the island's weekly Newslinks to see if the original owner or someone else who might like it shows interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment