Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The visit of the Vicki Lynn




Here's why it's so much more entertaining to live life on the water and hang out on a river-facing deck instead of a private backyard. On Sunday I was sitting on the chaise lounge, working the New York Times crossword, and a boat, the Vicki Lynn, pulled up and people waved at me. I waved back. I thought one of the people aboard was a guy I know from mandolin class who keeps a boat downriver. Then I squinted and walked over and saw it wasn't him. Who were these people?

It turns out they belong to a boat club that is going to meet downriver at Hadley's Landing next weekend and they wanted to know if they could put up somewhere on my houseboat a fish flag that is their club's "sign" as part of a game people will be playing. I said yes but can I take their picture and put this in my blog. A resounding yes. Then a lady on board asked if she could take my picture, then admitted she'd already taken it and asked if that was okay.

We agreed my bird-feeder arm would be a good place and a lady got out of the boat with plastic straps and scissors and installed it. They waved as the boat motored away.



No comments:

Post a Comment