Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Is that a bald eagle taking a bath? Yes!


Sometimes you can hardly believe your eyes. I was talking on the phone and I saw what looked like a large bird in the distance across the channel, sipping water, splashing and bathing -- except this bird looked like it had a big white head. Could that be an eagle? I shoved the phone in my pocket, got my binoculars and looked. Indeed, it was a bald eagle, on a half-submerged log, splashing like crazy in the water as though it were a robin in a birdbath. I got out my camera and didn't get a good splashing picture, but here's the bald eagle. The leisurely bath went on for about ten minutes and then the eagle flew away. There are eagles nesting in those cottonwoods across the channel and we see one or two eagles almost daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment