Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Dagney, more about ...


I received a blog comment from Rich S., who wrote, “I worked aboard "The Dagney" as a deckhand June and July of 1970. Bristol Bay for sockeye, then down to Ketchikan for Kings, Silvers, Chums. Company was Red Salmon Cannery, and the Captain was Nick Scrivanich.”

I can't figure out how to respond to people who comment on the blog, so this is an invite to Rich, if he's checking in again, to be a guest blogger and write more about what it was like to work on this boat, and send photos if you've got some you'd like to share. I'll post whatever you'd like to contribute.

In the meantime, the next time I paddled past The Dagney I took these photos. I still have never seen anyone on the boat, but it's funny to see a gold-poled living room floor lamp inside. I can't imagine something like that there when the boat was thrashing about in big waves in Alaska.


No comments:

Post a Comment