Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Dagney returns!

Spring, 2015



The Dagney--one of the two large amazing-looking  ships I paddle past on my regular six-mile encounters--was gone this winter, and I feared gone for good. I missed seeing it and tried to discover where it went. There's no simple way, I discovered, to find out where a boat might be that is no longer at a particular marina.

Then one day this spring I paddled past and there it was, like an apparition. Some guys were sitting outside on a small boat next to it and I paddled over and asked what they knew. They said it had wintered at the coast and acted like the boat came and went seasonally every year, but I didn't recall it being gone before. One of these days someone will be on The Dagney when I paddle past and I will stop and perhaps find out more of its story. In the meantime, I'm just happy to see it again.

1 comment: