Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Heron by Moonlight


I guess you can't see the heron in this photo, despite my copying it at the highest resolution. No matter. This is our moorage walkway and there is is, in the distance, outside my door. I love coming home at night and encountering a heron as I walk along the floating pathway with its warm yellow lights. Sometimes one will be on a side deck of a building. Or maybe on a roof. Often I don't see it until I come upon it and it flies off silently into the night. I always think it's a good sign that it flies off silently, my hearing just its wingbeats, instead of the heron's usual why-have-you-disturbed=me sqwa-sqwa-sqwa. Most morning I see heron poop splat on the walkway, but this was the first time at night I'd ever seen the heron itself--made more special because it was right in front of my own doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment