Tuesday, April 16, 2019

"Swimming Upriver" art bench by Donna Mauch


I could hardly believe that "Swimming Upriver" was the title for this beautiful bench. I am a big fan of the artist Donna Mauch and have a number of her handmade bird houses. Mostly I've bought them at Cracked Pots--my favorite of all the art shows, where everything is made from recycled stuff. I typically go with $100 that I have saved up, and arrive the first thing on the first day to find the best art before it gets snapped up. This year I had extra money because a friend I'd helped with some medical problems gave me another $100. I wasn't sure what I would buy--one big thing or a lot of small things--when I came to Donna's area and saw this bench. It is made from the frames of two chairs held together with cast-off wood, painted in shades of blue. I'd had a 30=year old teak bench that had eventually rotted away and I could see this would be perfect for perching on my deck. It was too big and heavy for me to take that day so Donna and a friend delivered it. It looks glorious on my riverside deck, although I have to admit it's positioned to look downriver.

No comments:

Post a Comment