Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Squall then a double rainbow






(Note: I can't figure out how to get these blog images to run side-by-side. No matter what I try, one leaps to the next line, so you will just have to image these two photos as a panorama.) Late afternoon we had a horrendous squall come through. The rain was thick and heavy and you could barely see past it, and loud and raucous-sounding. I had to go out soon and I was not looking forward to walking all the way from my houseboat to the parking lot in such a downpour. Then right before it was time to leave, it all stopped. I got in my car and as I drove past the island's wide open farm fields, this double rainbow appeared spectacularly. Both the main rainbow and the "ghost" rainbow above it went from horizon to horizon. The main rainbow was bright and brilliant colors. I pulled off to take this photo and on that short drive to the bridge saw two other cars pulled over and people doing likewise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment