Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Battleship, pirate ship, cruise ship--oh, my!


Living on the water, you never know what is going to pass your way. Because I'm a writer sitting all day working and looking out a 6ft x 6 ft window, I see and notice more than most people. This battleship pushed by a tug came chugging upriver one summer day.




I heard a huge thundering sound one afternoon and ran outside to see what it was. Someone on this "pirate ship" was trying get realistic and shooting off some sort of gun or cannon.



It is a bit startling to see a huge cruise ship of tourists floating past. This is inside looking out through my window with hawk silhouettes (so birds don't crash into the windows). You can see how we are part of the watched scenery.




And then, because this is a working river, working things float by with regularly, like these new floating homes being delivered to their moorages.









As an aside, and not pictured, today an egret landed on the opposite shore, quite unusual to see. A great blue heron came and flew at it, chasing it off. The egret tried landing again two or three times, but the heron persisted and by the time I got outside with my camera the two were too far downriver for me to get a good shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment