Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Lost fawn in the morning




One morning, early, a man was paddling very close to my houseboat and looking in. How rude, I thought and debated whether to close the curtains. Then my doorbell rang. It was my neighbor Courtney, telling me that a fawn was swimming between my houseboat and Keith's upriver. I went out and realized that's what the paddler was looking at, not me. The fawn was frightened at the sight of us. We had no idea how to help it. It went around the front of my deck, then in the space between my houseboat and the downriver one. Courtney tried to get it onto the walkway but it just swam away from us. The guy in the boat couldn't figure out anything that would be useful. Eventually the fawn turned away from us all and swam across the channel to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment