Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sparrows under my roof




 


Well, I was going to get around to having the space under my roof that just has insulation more properly sealed off this year. But I didn't get to it before sparrows decided to ignore the bird houses I put up and nest there again, but this time, they are making a very big mess. It is quite entertaining, since when I am in the kitchen I can hear the birds above my head, moving around and chirping. If I go outside, that scares them and they fly out from under my roof and land on the tenderhouse roof or electrical wire.

They also are nesting under the tenderhouse roof. They have torn out the insulation, and the padding and styrofoam bits land on the deck and in the water, where I have to kneel with a scooper to get them out. Closing up those spaces will be a definite project as soon as sparrow nesting season is over.









No comments:

Post a Comment